Data Engineer - MF0222
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Data Engineer will join the LIH’s Data Integration and Analysis Unit. She/He will help build a data integration centre which is the cornerstone of the Clinnova initiative. The data integration centre will connect key health players within Luxembourg as well as major clinical centres in the neighbouring regions. Clinnova considers the ability to equally access interoperable clinical data, research data and patient reported outcomes critical for the success of the precision medicine effort.
- Participate in a highly innovative research project aiming to establish a Knowledge Management Environment and in particular a Data Integration Centre (Clinnova) in the medical field;
- Design and implement data pipelines;
- Involved in the design and implementation of full cycle of data services, from data ingestion, data processing, ETL to data delivery;
- Communication with medical users and data scientists;
- Participation in scientific authoring and presentations;
- Participation in national and international scientific conferences.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or comparable qualification;
- Must be proficient with SQL and data processing tools (e.g. SSIS, Spark);
- Experience in Python is a plus;
- Knowledge in Data modelling and schema design (e.g snowflake schema, normalized/denormalized data);
- Experience in the medical domain is an asset;
- Basic knowledge in medical interoperability standards and terminologies (IHE, openEHR, DICOM, HL7 FHIR, SNOMED) is an advantage;
- Good organizational and relational skills and analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Language skills: fluent in English (written and oral).
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: ASAP
- Ref: JA/DE022/MF/DIA