Post-doctoral Fellow in Cancer Epidemiology and Health Services - CB0422
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
To be part of the Public Health Expertise Unit within the Department of Precision Health at the LIH.
Background: Population-based cancer registration (PBCR) serves to identify possible causes of cancer in the community, to assess the impact of cancer prevention and control activities and to design policies and programs. PBCR support the evaluation of established population-based screening program.
Objectives: The aim of this open position is to support the National Cancer Registry (RNC) in developing an adapted methodology to evaluate the Breast cancer Screening program in Luxembourg, by using RNC data.
Training and research environment: The National Cancer Registry of Luxembourg and the Public Health Expertise (PHE) Unit are dynamic, multidisciplinary and international teams within the Department of Precision Health. This project has close and active relationships with key national stakeholders including policy makers, clinicians and researchers. The team works at the intersection of research and cancer epidemiology with a focus on translation aspects to improve population health.
The successful candidate will be co-supervised by Claudine Backes, PhD, Scientific Director of the National Cancer Registry of Luxembourg and Epidemiologist at the LIH and Sophie Couffignal, MD, Operational Director of the RNC and Head of PHE unit at LIH.
- conduct a pilot study analyzing a national cancer cohort on breast cancer and explore it’s use to evaluate the breast Cancer Screening Program,
- conduct statistical analyses, present findings at international conferences, and prepare and submit applications to national and international funding agencies in order to establish research independence.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health or a related field. Candidates will have an advantage if they also have research experience in cancer and/or inequalities in health care.
- Strong analytical and writing skills are required as evidenced by publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- A good understanding of cancer control policy and care pathways
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the use of statistical packages, preferably SPSS, R and/or STATA
- Excellent English proficiency. French proficiency or willingness to learn French would be an asset.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team Communication with medical users and scientists
- Contract type: 6-month fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Part-time (20%)
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: Asap
- Ref: JA/PDRNC0422/CB/DOPH
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 15 May 2022 through our website via the apply button below. Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page. Applications by email will not be considered.