Project Manager in Digital Health and Sports Medicine - LM0522
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Physical Activity, Sport and Health (PASH) Research group aims to improve knowledge on the beneficial effects of physical activity on individuals’ health with and without disease and of any age, as well as on the mechanisms leading to the development of sports injury.
Dr Laurent Malisoux, PhD, Head of this research group, in collaboration with the Orthopaedic service of the Centre Hospitalier Luxembourg (CHL), is seeking a Project Manager for the GAITORING project which aims to develop and validate a new digital health solution (i.e., the WalkinSense system) for remote monitoring of gait patterns during daily life activities in patients with orthopaedic conditions before, during and after their rehabilitation period. More specifically, the project consists of 3 steps: 1) the collection of end-user’s feedback to help identify the most critical gait parameters needed for healthcare professionals to evaluate the current status and progress of the medical condition of their patients, 2) a validation study to assess the safety and performance of the digital health solution against gold standard measures, and 3) a feasibility and acceptability study to test the device in the real-world in patients at risk for secondary knee arthrosis or treated for primary/secondary knee arthrosis.
The Project Manager will mainly be responsible for the coordination and management of the project, under the supervision of Dr. Malisoux, PI of the project. The main tasks of the project manager will be to coordinate day-to-day project activities, track progresses, organize meetings on a regular basis, and write reports for the FNR. The project manager will also be involved in the recruitment and follow-up of patients for the study. This project also involves a private partner : IEE.
- Coordination of the project.
- Ethics and data management.
- Enrollment of participants and patients, and coordinating the communication, organization and visits of patients.
- Collection of participant/patient-reported standardized data.
- Collected data recording in the dedicated database and management /maintenance of this database.
- Collaboration with technical experts for the development and validation of the digital health solution.
- Discussing results within the group & other partners.
- Participation in project meetings & giving presentations.
- Writing activity reports.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Msc or PhD in Physiotherapy, Sports Medicine or Sports Science.
- Knowledge/experience in clinical research.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent planning and communication skills, ability to work in complex, multi-disciplinary teams and to coordinate work.
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy, curiosity, flexibility and respect of confidentiality
- Language skills: Fluent in English, German and/or French. Luxembourgish is considered a strong asset.
- Professional experience in clinical setting.
- Interest in digital technology and orthopaedics.
- Experience in scientific writing is an asset.
- Contract type: 2-year fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time (40h/week)
- Location: Strassen
- Start date: September 2022
- Ref: VD/PMDHSM0522/LM/PASH
HOW TO APPLYApplications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 30 June 2022 through our website via the apply button below.
Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page.
Applications by email will not be considered.
We very much encourage early application.